San Diego is known as the paradise for the vacationers as this place is complete with the 70 miles of pristine coastline and idyllic year-round temperatures. With some beautiful places to roam around, San Diego is known as the one of the popular family destinations in the USA. Apart from traveling, San Diego is also very popular with all those people who look for the art, culture, culinary exploration and world class shopping!
The neighborhoods of San Diego offer different types of adventures ranging from the culinary delights in the northern suburb of Del Mar to the tony boutiques in La Jolla and from the nouveau-chic of the downtown Gaslamp Quarter to the authentic European charm of Little Italy, each and every community adds flair and flavor to the San Diego’s personality. Though the entire coastline of San Diego enchants, but the southernmost part of this place stand apart while it comes to the sea, sand and surf. The tourists can explore all the beauties of San Diego by hiring a car from a reputable car rental service. Let’s have a look at the famous tourist destinations of San Diego that you would be able to explore.
– Beautiful Beaches: San Diego boasts around 70 miles of coastline with the beaches for everyone from the hard-bodied adventurous types to the pail-and-shovel-toting toddlers.
Coronado is one of the favorite beaches. Here you would be able to plush sand at the feet, smell the aroma of the fresh salty air, take in all the breathtaking vistas and hear the sound of the waves. The sandstone bluffs of San Diego offer magnificent views of the Pacific as the palette of green and blues along with different depth of indigo to different parts of the ocean and on the land, the color of the beach is silvery brown. So, whether you are in search of a safe place to have a trip with your family or want to go alone, the San Diego beaches are the right place for you.
– Balboa Park: The oasis is hardly like a hyperbole when it comes to define the Balboa park, the 1,200-acre cultural heart of San Diego. Here one can plan a full day trip pursuing various theater spaces, museums, playing fields and trails of the Balboa park or can take a comfortable stroll to the famous San Diego Zoo.
– Carlsbad Flower Fields: It is basically an area of around 50 acres of the flowers mainly ranunculus that bloom in the month of March on the hill side perched above the Pacific ocean. If you visit San Diego in spring, then you should not miss the amazing beauty of these flowers.
– Cabrillo National Monument: It is located in the southern part of San Diego and this landmark commemorates the 1542 landing of the explorer Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo. Here the tourists can explore unparalleled views of the skyline and harbors, tidal pools, a military history museum and an old lighthouse. During the winter, it is also possible to catch the sight of the migrating gray whales along the coast.
Here you can enjoy with the world of Lego fun and the chaperones in Carlsbad including over 60 attractions and rides. Some of the beautiful areas are the Dino island, Miniland USA and last but not the least the Egyptian-theme Dune Raiders.
– La Jolla: The name of this place is pronounced as La Hoya and this is one of the most beautiful places in California. The place is a wealthy enclave with the world class scenic coastline and with a small town feel. If you are visiting this place with your kids then don’t miss the children’s pool populated by the sunbathing seals or don’t miss to watch the local people riding waves at the Windansea Beach.
– Sea World: Here you will find different types of cute sea critters and awe-inspiring orcas perform various splashy tricks at the stage shows.
Apart from that, there are many more things that a family can enjoy here like as feeding chum to the bottlenose dolphins at the Rocky Point Preserve or the journey of the Atlantis water ride. Similarly, you should not miss the famous penguin encounter of the sea world where the emperor penguins are kept in the captivity.
– San Diego Zoo: It is the best zoo of San Diego and here you will find a number of roly-poly and cute crowd pleasers. Besides, the conservation-minded zoo offers loads of things to the tourists ranging from the arctic creature’s recently revamped habitat to the polar bear plunge Besides, here you can have a close interaction with the tigers, bears and lions. You can explore every nook and corner of this zoo by the seated shows, aerial trams or the guided bus tours or can explore the hilly and the huge attractions by foot.
Author Bio: Lily Berns is a travel writer who enjoys writing about travelings and family vacations.